Faculty Director: Dr. Karina Melgar
The Community Medicine Area of Concentration is designed to provide extra training in multiple aspects of community medicine, specifically: community clinics, community-based organizations, social determinants of health, health promotion & equity, public health, community assessment and community engagement.
The experiences that this “track” provides are meant to generate an understanding of the process of evaluating patient needs and empowering the community for an impactful outcome.
- Continuity clinic at Lestonnac Free Clinic
- Precepting at the An Lanh Student Run Clinic
- Involvement with Neighborhood MED Pipeline Program
- Participation in the Diversity and Health Equity Committee
- Attending the APHA National Conference or National Health Disparities Conference
- Attending Community Collaboration Events
- Experiencing didactics on Community Medicine