Thank you for your interest in the Long Beach Memorial Primary Care Sports Medicine rotation.
Residents from Family Medicine are considered on an individual basis for 2 weeks of elective time. In addition to applicant merit, approval is also done on a first come first serve basis.
Here is what we will need from you to be considered for an elective with us:
- Applicant must be currently in good standing in an U.S. ACGME accredited program in family medicine.
- Applicant must submit an updated CV.
- Applicant must submit at least one reference (preferred but not required from a faculty member in sports medicine who knows the applicant.)
- Applicant must submit a brief statement specifically addressing all of the following questions:
- What do you hope to gain from your experience at Long Beach Memorial
- Are you planning to apply to a Sports Medicine Fellowship
- What are your expectations for your experience here? (event coverage, time with specific attendings, exposure to specific aspects of sports medicine not found elsewhere – Motion Capture Lab/Action Sports/Sport Specific Biomechanics etc.)
- Malpractice Insurance Statement/Certificate
- Copy of Photo I.D.
- Copy of Medical Health Insurance and proof of current health screening (Immunizations, TB, Flu Shot)
- Copy of Medical License
Your daily schedule will be created based on your personal statement responses. We will include you in all relevant activities, learning opportunities, didactics and patient exposure during your time with us.
Please contact Kelly Ambrose for additional information. Kelly can be reached at 562 933-0053 or email@example.com.