Monday all day – Primary Care Sports Medicine Clinic (Dr. Kruse)
Tuesday all day – Primary Care Sports Medicine Clinic (Dr. Snodgrass)
Wednesday AM – Primary Care Clinic
Wednesday PM – Long Beach State University Training Room (Dr. Snodgrass)
Thursday AM – Pediatric Ortho (Dr. Huh)
Thursday PM – Adult Ortho (Dr. Ahmadi)
Friday AM – Cypress College Training Room (Dr. Khan)
Friday PM – Long Beach State Training Room (Dr. Khan)
Thirteen 4-week blocks, can duplicate electives if desired
- Sports Nutrition:
- Traci Larson works with all athletics teams and manages over 20 volunteers and interns which make up the Sports Nutrition Department at Long Beach State University. Electives can be scheduled based on the fellows level of involvement with the desired team pending approval of Traci and the coaching staff.
- MSK Radiology
- In a collaborative effort, the fellow is able to schedule an elective in MSK radiology through the UC Irvine network. They work alongside MSK trained radiologists to read imaging.
- Physical Therapy
- California Rehab with DPT Mike Rymer operates a location next door to our primary Sports Medicine Clinic. The fellow may schedule elective time and work with the therapists at this location.
- Coast Physical Therapy has two locations where the fellow may rotate. One location in Huntington Beach and the other in Orange. Each location has different modalities available. If the fellow is interested in experiencing some of the modalities, time can be scheduled to work with the location for educational didactics.
- PT at the Beach is located next door to the LBSU main training room. They operate a residency program for physical therapists and work directly with many of our collegiate athletes. The fellow may spend time at the college location pending the academic calendar and available space.
- Ortho subspecialities
- Faculty on staff for the fellowship includes orthopedic surgeons who subspecialize in foot and ankle, hand and wrist, spine, pediatrics, upper extremity. The fellow is scheduled by default to rotate through the subspecialties unless a specific elective is requested.
- Ski rotation
- Fellows are encouraged to spend 1-2 weeks in Tahoe at Northstar. The rotation is working within the urgent care clinics at the resort. Space is limited and dependent on availability. Fellows are encouraged to notify faculty immediately upon matching. The spots fill up fast due to it being a highly desired rotation. Housing is not covered by the program but the fellow is able to utilize their CME funds for housing on the rotation.